Illinois winters can be brutal. That’s why it’s important to have a warm, comfortable home to retreat to. When your heating system malfunctions, don’t delay restoring comfort to your home. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing as soon as possible. A third-generation, family-owned company, we offer reliable heating and furnace repair services in Lockport, IL.
We offer the following heating services to your area!
- Heating Repairs
- Furnace Repairs
- Heater Installations
- Furnace Installations
- Radiant Heating Services
- Boiler Services
Our family-owned company exists to keep our customers’ home comfortable! Read what our past customers think of our award-winning services in our testimonials.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
When you wake up to a frigid house on a winter morning, it can be an obvious sign that your heater is malfunctioning. There are other less-obvious symptoms to watch for that can indicate your unit needs to be repaired.
These can include:
- Your home takes a long time to heat up when the unit is running.
- Heat is not being evenly distributed throughout your home, leaving some rooms warmer than others.
- You hear loud noises coming from the system.
- Your monthly utility bills have been increasing, without a change in how much you’re using the system.
- Your thermostat isn’t providing climate control in your home.
- You suspect there is a leak in your ductwork.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
While you might be hoping that your existing, older furnace can hang on for a few more winters, there are benefits to installing a new unit.
Some of the advantages include:
- Having the latest technology and new features to make controlling the climate in your home even better than before.
- A more energy-efficient model that uses up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems. This can result in lower utility bills.
- A quieter unit that makes less noise than older systems.
- Consistent heating throughout your home, eliminating hot and cold spots.
When your heating system malfunctions, your priority should be restoring comfort to your home, not figuring out how to pay the bill. Contact us about our financing options.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your Home
When your heater goes out, you might expect to have to endure a chilly home until it gets repaired.
But there are also other impacts it can have on your home that you might not be aware of:
- A health risk to your family. If your system has a leak, it can put your entire household in danger. The cooler temperatures in your home can also increase their chances of becoming ill.
- Lower indoor air quality. A functioning unit typically filters out debris and particles from the air, so when it breaks down it can result in lower air quality.
- Depending on the issue with the system, a malfunctioning unit can be a fire risk.
- Because a malfunctioning unit is less efficient than a properly working one, it can cause your utility bills to increase as it works harder to warm your home.