A boiler can act as a water heater alone or supply your central heating system with steam or hot water via a radiant floor system or baseboard radiator. These units play an integral role in maintaining a comfortable indoor temperature. If your boiler malfunctions, you can count on us to get it working again—and fast.
At TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we’re more than just a boiler repair company. We also offer professional boiler installation and maintenance in Downers Grove, IL, among other top-quality plumbing and heating services.
Not using your boiler to heat your home yet? Give us a call for in-floor radiant heating installation.
Reliable Boiler Repair Service
Our boiler repair services are fast and reliable to ensure that your household has a steady supply of hot water during the cold winter months.
Here are the most common boiler defects:
- A build-up of minerals: Such as calcium, magnesium, or hard water can damage your boiler. Mineral deposits cause loud banging noises and increase the risk of leaks.
- Boiler leaks: May indicate corrosion in your boiler tank. If the leak comes from the pressure valve or pump, we have to repair or replace these components.
- Pilot light or electronic ignition problems: Prevent you from lighting the main burners that heat the water.
- No heat: Can be the result of many different causes. In most cases, a pilot light, safety switch, or broken thermostat is to blame.
Do You Need a Boiler Replacement?
Older boiler systems have efficiencies ranging from around 60% to 70%, where a modern unit can have energy efficiency as high as 99%. If your boiler is old and inefficient or has an oversized capacity, we will typically recommend a replacement.
Low winter temperatures in Downers Grove, IL means investing in a system with the highest efficiency usually makes financial sense.
Did your heating system break down? Contact us for a professional heater repair.
Schedule Routine Boiler Maintenance
With regular maintenance, you can ensure that your boiler always functions reliably and efficiently.
We offer professional boiler maintenance services that include:
- Inspecting your boiler to check for potential defects.
- Testing the unit’s pressure relief valve.
- Testing the boiler’s high-limit control.
- A pressure tank inspection.
- Thoroughly cleaning the boiler’s heat exchanger.
- Checking the boiler tank for corrosion or mineral deposits.
- Examining any connected systems, such as your plumbing or in-floor heat.
Regular maintenance may seem like an unnecessary expense, but it keeps your heating costs low, your family safe, and prevents inconvenient breakdowns.