A number of homeowners in the Plainfield, IL and Chicagoland area rely on boilers to heat their homes and water supply. Boilers are solid and reliable appliances that are incredibly efficient and last for a long time, but that doesn’t mean they don’t require proper maintenance.
The technicians at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing conduct comprehensive boiler services. Our experts specialize in boiler replacement and boiler repair service. By scheduling regular maintenance and performing timely repairs, the life of your unit can be extended by many years.
Do you smell foul odors coming from your heating unit? Look to a professional for a inspection before it's too late. Call us for heater repair services with honest pricing!
Signs You Need Boiler Repair Service
Despite how solid and reliable these appliances are, there are a few common issues associated with boilers. Some of these include:
- Switching On and Off: If you notice your boiler keeps switching on and off without changing the temperature in your home, it’s likely an issue involving the thermostat.
- Cold Radiators: When hot water can’t reach the radiators, there’s no heat for them to give off. This is often the result of a buildup of sludge and debris or corroded pipes.
- Strange Sounds: Any whistling or gurgling noises you can hear coming from the boiler is a bad sign. This is caused by having too much or too little water in the system.
- Kettling: You can detect kettling by listening for a low grumbling sound in the boiler. It’s usually an indication of scale buildup in the heater exchange.
- No Hot Water: More often than not, this is due to a mechanical failure.
When Should You Replace Your Boiler?
A boiler can typically run for about 50 years before experiencing a drop inefficiency. If you’re experiencing frequent breakdowns or your energy bill keeps going up, however, you should consider installing a new one. Give us a call and our crew can inspect your boiler and tell you whether or not it’s time to get a new one.
Wake up with warm floors on a chilly morning! With quality service and fair pricing, call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for underfloor heating solutions.
Service You Can Rely On
Here at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, the safety, and comfort of our customers and their families are a top priority. We offer professional workmanship along with award-winning customer service, all with straightforward pricing.
We’re also available in case of emergencies! Pick up the phone and give us a call whenever you need a boiler repair service.