Toilet clogs are among the most common plumbing issues that TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing encounters in Plainfield, IL. A toilet clog is not a complex problem, but it can be difficult to solve if you don’t have the right equipment or skills.
Our team can quickly and easily remove blockages from toilets with minimal disruption to your daily routine. Keep reading to learn what causes this problem, how you can prevent them, and how we can help you.
If there is a blockage in another fixture, such as your shower, contact us for a drain cleaning service.
Signs That You Need a Clogged Toilet Repair
Unlike water leaks or some other plumbing issues, a toilet or sewer line blockage is easy to detect. If you notice any of the following, contact us to schedule a clog removal service:
- Your toilet doesn't flush water properly. The water will fill the bowl or overflow over the top and take a long time to drain away.
- Water gurgles up in your bathtub or shower when you flush your toilet.
- The water level in your toilet bowl rises when the washing machine is running, which may indicate a sewer line blockage.
- Fluid leaks out of your sewer clean-out.
What Causes Toilet Clogs?
Your toilet is the fixture that your household uses the most, and it is susceptible to defects from time to time. The most common reasons for the formation of toilet clogs include the following:
- Your toilet has an early low-flow design. These toilets came out in the 1990s, and they do not have enough water pressure to clear the internal trap. If you have one of these fixtures, consider a toilet replacement.
- The internal trap is blocked. This trap is in the lower part of your toilet bowl, and its function is to house standing water to prevent the release of sewer gasses into your home. Excess toilet paper and non-flushable items can block this trap.
- Outdoor debris such as twigs, leaves, and dirt blocked the plumbing vent.
TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in Plainfield can take care of any of these issues. Contact us today to schedule a clog removal service or new toilet installation.
If you are looking to upgrade your toilet and other fixtures, learn more about our bathroom remodeling services.
How to Prevent a Toilet Blockage?
There are several things you can do to prevent a toilet from clogging:
- Refrain from flushing non-water-soluble items such as diapers or paper.
- Switch to a single-ply toilet paper.
- Flush multiple times if necessary.
- Install a child-proof lock over the toilet.