Illinois summers can leave your home hot and sticky without a properly functioning cooling system. Don’t tolerate an uncomfortable house. Call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for on-time air conditioning repair services in Wheaton, IL.
We offer the following cooling services in your area:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Filter Replacement
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
Looking for a reliable heating and cooling repair company? Read our testimonials to see why TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing can get the job done!
Signs You Need to Replace Your Air Conditioner
While you might be trying to get your air conditioner to last for one final summer, there are certain signs that indicate it’s time to replace the unit now. Some symptoms can include:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old.
- It’s not properly cooling your house.
- It’s cooling your house unevenly, resulting in hot and cold spots.
- It’s not as efficient as it used to be, causing your utility bills to increase.
- It needs frequent repairs, making it more cost-effective to install a new unit.
- It requires a major or expensive repair.
- It leaks.
- It’s making strange sounds.
- The cold air isn’t blowing out from the unit as strong as it used to.
Signs You Need to Recharge Your AC Unit’s Refrigerant
Refrigerant might seem like a minor component to your air conditioner, but without enough of it, your unit cannot properly cool your home. Some signs that can indicate you need to call a contractor to inspect your refrigerant levels can include:
- The air coming from your unit doesn’t feel as cold as it should.
- The temperature of your house doesn’t match the thermostat setting.
- There is frost on the tubes, motors and other parts of the AC system.
Contact us to learn more about our services or get answers to your questions!
Common Air Conditioner Issues
When you notice an issue with your air conditioner, it’s important to call a service company to repair it as soon as possible. Some of the more common problems a contractor might encounter with your unit are:
- It’s not producing cold air, leaving your home hot and stuffy.
- It blows cold air at times, but only intermittently.
- Air is not flowing through your vents properly, causing the unit to insufficiently cool your home.
- It’s causing inconsistent cooling, leaving parts of your home cooler than others.
- There’s moisture leaking from the unit. The contractor will determine if this is a minor issue like a blocked or broken drain tube or a larger issue like a refrigerant leak.