In essence, repiping is the replacement of old pipes with new ones. If you want to overhaul your home’s plumbing system, this service maybe your best option.
TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is a repipe contractor in Plainfield, IL, and we can take care of the entire repiping process, from the initial assessment to routine plumbing maintenance.
If you need solutions for foundations leaks, learn more about our slab leak repair services.
What Is Repiping?
In many cases, customers don’t understand what a repipe entails or why they would need this service. Most people assume that a repiping is the replacement of all water and drain lines and that it is a final solution to solve all plumbing-related issues.
However, the specifics of this service vary from building to building. For example, some buildings may only require a partial pipe replacement. A repiping service can include any of the following:
- Replacement of supply lines to the house.
- Installation of new valves under sinks and toilets.
- Replacement of the main shut-off to your home.
A repiping service typically does not include the installation of water mains from the city meter to the house or the main sewer line from the house to the street.
When Is Repiping Necessary?
TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing typically recommends that homeowners in Plainfield consider a repipe service if:
- The building is older than fifty years and has never undergone a pipe replacement: Older buildings typically have galvanized pipes that tend to burst when they reach the end of their functional lifespan.
- Water pressure is low as the result of mineral build-up inside the pipes: It is possible to remove the accumulation of calcium and magnesium, but a repiping is often the cost-effective alternative.
- Water has a brown color: Aging pipe systems are prone to rust, which can be expensive to solve with a repair. In these cases, we may recommend a pipe replacement.
- Pipe leaks are a common occurrence: If you have to fix leaking pipes once or twice per year, it may be an indication of an aging plumbing system.
If you have a water leak, it may be an isolated incident. Contact us to schedule a water leak detection service.
Advantages of House Repiping Services
There are several advantages to repiping your plumbing, including:
- Increasing your home’s resale value
- Sufficient water pressure
- Elimination of water leaks
- Saving on repair costs
- More efficient water consumption