TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is a family-owned and operated company that offers water leak detection and repair in Plainfield, IL. Our certified plumbing technicians are experts at locating every type of water leak, whether it’s coming from a plumbing fixture or hidden underground. We understand that even the smallest water leak can turn into a major problem within a short period of time, so you can count on us around the clock for fast service. We offer personalized service recommendations and competitive pricing on all work, and our technicians arrive on time, every time.
A broken pipe in your home requires immediate action to prevent water damage, structural issues, mold growth, and health concerns. If you fail to address a leak at an early stage, it can also increase unnecessary costs.
Our plumbers at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing is a water leak detection company in Plainfield, IL. If you suspect that you have a leak in your home, we will locate the breach and recommend the most appropriate solution. Contact our office today to learn about our water leak detection and repair in Plainfield!
In addition to water leak detection, we also offer gas leak detection and repair services.
Professional Water Leak Detection in Plainfield
At TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we offer a variety of water leak detection and repair services. If you’ve noticed water pooling around your plumbing fixtures or if your water bill is suddenly much higher than usual, chances are good that there’s a leak somewhere in your home. If you suspect a water leak, the first thing to do is contact our company and schedule an inspection.
Water Leak Detection Equipment We Use
- Electromagnetic Pipe Locators: These tools send electrical signals to enable our plumbers to map out water pipe locations and detect leaks, especially in non-metallic pipes.
- Infrared Cameras: These cameras read temperature variations to locate water line leaks in walls and ceilings.
- Multi-Sensor Ground Microphones: These tools have sensitive sound sensors that can locate the sound of dripping or spraying water.
- Video Inspection Equipment: These cameras allow our plumbers to view inside water pipes to locate leaks and carry out water leak repair without cutting into your walls or foundation.
In addition to visual inspections, our technicians use specialized electronic leak detection tools such as microphones and infrared cameras to locate hidden, underground leaks. Once they determine the source of the leak, our plumbers will advise on the best repair solutions to effectively remedy the situation.
Common Causes of Water Leaks
Several things can cause your pipes or roof to drip:
- Broken seals around pipe connectors
- Blockages inside pipes or drain lines
- Pipe or pipe joint damage due to corrosion
- Uneven or excessive water pressure
- Loose pipe connectors
- Temperature fluctuations that cause pipes and connectors to shift
- Improper pipe installations
This type of plumbing issue can occur in every home, regardless of how modern the plumbing system is. The best way to prevent structural damage and unnecessary costs is to keep an eye out for signs of water damage.
Signs That You Have a Water Leak
A water leak is not always easy to detect, as it can occur anywhere in your home, including the city or well hook-up site, your roof, or your piping system. Additionally, this type of problem may not result in localized flooding.
Over time, however, you may notice several indications that you there is a leak:
- An increase in your water bill
- Wet or dark spots on your ceilings, floors, or walls
- The sound of dripping or flowing water
- Low water pressure
The above signs indicate that you are dealing with a water problem, but they don’t tell you where the problem is. Contact TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in Plainfield. With our equipment and skills, we will locate the leak.
If the problem is the result of pipe deterioration, we can provide you with a repiping service.
How to Prevent Water Leaks in Your Home?
The most effective way to prevent water damage in your home is with routine plumbing inspections. We recommend that you schedule a pipe assessment at least once every two years to detect and address potential issues.
Other ways to prevent water damage in your home include:
- Monitoring your water bill
- Checking your water pressure
- Installing a water detection device
- Keeping an eye out for tell-tale signs of leaks
- Addressing leaks right away
Affordable Water Leak Repair in Downers Grove
Whether you suspect a minor leak inside the home or there are visible signs of a major underground leak that needs immediate attention, you can trust our team to handle the situation quickly and efficiently. We’re available 24/7, and our plumbers possess the skills and experience to resolve even the toughest water leak issues, so you’re always in good hands with us!
We also provide water leak detection and repair in:
Call our team at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing to schedule your water leak detection and repair in Plainfield!