Over time, your furnace will gradually lose efficiency and reliability, ramping up your energy bills and repair costs. If your system has been heating your home for 15 years or longer, it may be time for a replacement.
We offer reliable furnace installation and replacement in Downers Grove, IL, and go above and beyond to provide exceptional service at competitive rates. Our team at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing will take care of the entire process while providing you with sufficient information to choose the best unit for your needs.
Wondering if your furnace can be salvaged? Schedule a furnace repair and find out!
Signs You Need a Furnace Replacement
If your furnace gives you problems, you have to choose between a repair and a replacement. The following signs may indicate you should consider a replacement:
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old.
- Increased energy costs, indicating a decrease in furnace efficiency.
- Poor indoor air quality with dust, soot, and dirt coming from the HVAC vents.
- Inconsistent heating between rooms.
- A significant increase in your unit's maintenance and repair requirements.
If you are unsure whether you should repair or replace your unit, get in touch with our team for an inspection.
If you do need a new furnace, you can choose from three types, though what fuel sources you have access to may limit your options.
- Electric furnaces: If you have a limited budget, an electric heater is a viable option as it is affordable and easy to install. Electric units have a relatively high running cost.
- Natural gas furnaces: Modern units have an efficiency that ranges from 65% to 98%, making this type an ideal option if you want to save money over time.
- Oil furnaces: This option will heat your home relatively fast, and oil has a relatively high heat per energy output. However, heating oil can be expensive.
If you aren't sure which furnace type is best for your household, consult with our team. We can provide you with everything you need to make an informed decision.
Not sure you want a furnace at all? Read more about our radiant heating services.
Why Choose Us?
We know you have no shortage of options when it comes to furnace service companies in Downers Grove, but when you choose us, you get more than just installation. We will ensure that your new furnace:
- Adheres to safety regulations.
- Meets the manufacturer's warranty requirements.
- Operates at peak performance.
- Requires as little ongoing maintenance as possible.
Our team can take care of the entire furnace installation process. We will help you select the best unit for your needs and install it correctly, quickly, and safely. Even better, we do all the above without breaking the bank—we have some of the lowest rates in town.