Of all the plumbing in your home, your gas line is one of the most important. Depending on your appliances, it may be crucial to heat your home, provide hot water, and allow you to cook. Natural gas also comes with inherent risks that other fuel sources don’t, so it’s important to make sure your gas line is working correctly.
Natural gas leaks can result in fires, explosions, asphyxiation, and, in the case of improper combustion, carbon monoxide poisoning. The importance of proper gas line installation and maintenance can’t be understated.
If you suspect a problem with your gas line or need to install a new gas appliance, contact our team at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing.
We also offer a wide range of gas-related plumbing and heating services, including:
- BBQ Gas Line Installation
- Gas Appliance Hookup or Installation
- Pipe and Gas Line Repair
- Pipe Replacement
- New Construction Installation
Not sure if you have a problem? Call us for gas leak detection services. Your safety is our priority!
How to Spot Gas Line Problems
While gas lines are generally made of sturdy materials, such as black iron, they will inevitably need repair, as they are prone to corrosion, exposure, and wear and tear just like any other pipe.
We recommend line inspection as part of your semi-annual maintenance checks, but there are a few things you should look out for that could indicate a problem.
- An odd sulfur smell—like rotten eggs—coming from your gas line.
- Sudden dead vegetation around your gas line.
- Performance issues with your gas appliances.
- Higher than usual gas bills.
We care about your family’s safety! If you suspect you need gas line repair or replacement or that you have a carbon monoxide gas leak, we can help. Call us today for prompt and reliable service in Downers Grove and the surrounding areas.
When Should You Opt for Gas Pipe Replacement?
While we make every effort to repair existing gas lines, in some cases, the damage may be too severe, and a gas line replacement is the best option.
Other factors that govern whether a gas pipe replacement may be more prudent than a repair include:
- Age: Gas lines that are over ten years old may be better off being replaced, depending on their condition.
- Corrosion: It is safer to replace corroded or cracked gas lines that have suffered damage from exposure, constant leaks, or age.
- Improper installation: If your gas line was originally installed incorrectly, replacement might be necessary to ensure your safety.
Our experts at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing can help you determine if a gas line replacement is the safest option, and if so, provide reliable replacement services.
Worried about the cost of replacing your gas line or installing new appliances? Check out our financing plans.
Why Choose Us?
At TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, we have highly qualified, licensed, and experienced gas line technicians that can install, replace, or repair your gas line or gas appliance safely and efficiently.
We only use the equipment and parts from top brands that are industry-tested and backed up with excellent warranties. You can count on us for reliable service, competitive prices, and fast turnaround times.