Today, builders wrap houses in Tyvek, add modern insulation, and carefully seal cracks around doors and windows. While this makes for a very energy-efficient home, it also means that indoor pollutants stay inside. The more energy-efficient the home, the more pollutants, such as dust mites, pollen, dander, mold and smoke, are trapped inside…and we are breathing in those contaminants. In other words, our indoor air can be hazardous to our health!
Opening windows and doors to ventilate the house may work, but this could increase heating and air conditioning bills substantially. Portable air cleaners only work in small, enclosed areas. Whole house air cleaners offer substantial advantages, including:
- Healthy indoor air throughout your home. Air cleaners remove up to 99% of the dust, allergens and particulates in your home. This includes smaller particles that might pass through, or not be caught by portable air filters
- A healthier family. Anyone with allergies, asthma or compromised respiratory systems may see substantial improvement in symptoms and overall health when the air is clean and fresh.
- Better efficiency. Fiberglass pleated furnace filters may remove small particles, but also restrict airflow to your heating and cooling system. This can make your blower work harder, consuming more energy and shortening its life.
- Less maintenance. To preserve efficiency, standard fiberglass filters must be changed every month. Whole house air cleaners can typically last 3-9 months.
- More protection for your HVAC system. Protecting HVAC systems from airborne particles keeps the furnace and air conditioner running efficiently, avoiding unexpected breakdowns.
Call TR Miller today to hear more about the advantages of whole-house air filtration 1-815-436-4331 or grab a$500 coupon and get one installed today!