As a third-generation, family-owned company, at TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing we understand that opting to replace your furnace is a big decision. That’s why we offer experience and expertise to give our clients peace-of-mind during the installation process. We understand that it can seem more convenient and cost-effective to repair a unit rather than replace it, but we’re here to help you understand the benefits a new system can offer, including money savings on your energy bills! Call us today to learn more about our furnace installation and replacement services, or to schedule an appointment in the Naperville, IL area.
Schedule a tune-up for your air conditioner now before the summer heat hits! Contact our specialists to learn more about our air conditioning services.
Signs Your Furnace Needs to Be Replaced
While most issues with your furnace can be repaired by a furnace contractor, there are some problems that can signal it’s time to replace the unit with a newer model. Some of the indications can include:
- The age of the unit: If it’s getting older — or even nearing the end of its estimated lifespan — it can be time to replace it.
- The performance and efficiency of the system: If the unit is struggling to properly heat your home or isn’t heating it evenly, it can signal a new system should be installed.
- Cracks in the unit: Any cracks should be quickly inspected by a contractor, as a crack in the heat exchanger can cause a carbon monoxide leak.
- Rise in monthly utility bills: If your energy bill is increasing without a change in usage it can indicate your unit is using more energy than it needs to.
- The unit needs frequent repairs: If you are repairing your system often, or if it needs a major repair, it can be more cost-effective to replace it.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
Installing a new furnace can have many advantages for your family and your home. One of the largest benefits can be knowing the unit is unlikely to breakdown in the near future. Some of the other advantages can include:
- Latest updates and features: New units come with all of the latest bells and whistles, enabling you to take advantage of the latest technology.
- More energy-efficient: New systems can be more energy-efficient than older units. It’s estimated they use up to 30 percent less energy than older systems, which can result in lower utility bills.
- Less noise: While all systems make some noise, new units are typically quieter than older systems.
- Perform better: New units run more efficiently and provide more consistent heating throughout your home, eliminating hot and cold spots.
Is your heater failing to properly warm up your home? Call our Naperville staff to schedule a heater repair service.
Common Furnace Problems
From time to time you might encounter various problems with your furnace. These can range in terms of severity, from minor issues that can easily be repaired by a furnace company to more major issues that can require the unit to be replaced. Some common issues you might encounter can include:
- Issues from failing to keep the unit properly maintained throughout the year and not scheduling regular tune-ups.
- Blocked filters as a result of failing to regularly change filters. This can lead to dirt, dust and other debris to accumulate on the filters and cause the system to malfunction.
- Mechanical wear and tear as a result of aging. As units get older, they can develop more frequent issues that need to be repaired.
- Malfunctioning thermostat. Your thermostat will need to be inspected if the temperature in your home doesn’t match the setting on your thermostat.
- Disrupted airflow. This can be a serious issue, as it can cause your unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak. If you notice the pilot light turn from blue to yellow, an excess of condensation on the windows or if anyone in your household begins to feel ill, immediately evacuate your home and call us to inspect the unit.