Winter weather can be harsh and it can quickly turn your comfortable home into an icebox when the furnace goes out. To avoid going without heat when your system malfunctions, call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. A third-generation, family-owned company, we provide heating services in Oswego, IL.
We offer complete heating services to your area:
- Heating Repairs
- Furnace Repairs
- Heater Installations
- Furnace Installations
- Boiler Services
- Radiant Heating Services
We value our customers’ opinions! Read our testimonials to see what they have to say about our services.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
When the temperatures start to dip below freezing, having your heater malfunction can pose risks to your family and to your home. A heating service company, like TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing, can restore comfort to your home. However, to avoid these panicked service requests, the best option is to schedule services at the first sign of an issue.
Call a contractor when you notice any of these problems with your system:
- Your house isn’t warming up, even with the heating system running.
- You notice there are hot and cold areas in your home, meaning your home isn’t heating consistently.
- Your unit suddenly starts to make loud noises.
- Your monthly energy bill starts to increase.
- The temperature in your home isn’t matching the thermostat setting.
- You suspect you have a leak in your ductwork.
Common Heater Problems
Occasionally your heating system might encounter problems that require repairs.
Some of the more common issues you might need to call a contractor to repair can include:
- Frequent shutting off of the system without reaching the temperature set on the thermostat. This can be caused by several issues, including faulty wiring, a failing pilot light or a malfunctioning thermostat.
- House takes a long time to warm up. If the unit takes too long to heat your house to the desired temperature, call a contractor to examine your air ducts, fan motor and the belts and bearings.
- Inconsistent heating throughout your house, leaving rooms at various temperatures.
When you need heating repairs, don’t stress about the bill. Learn about our financing options.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
Installing a new furnace can be an exciting day for homeowners. This can relieve stress as you don’t have to worry about the unit unexpectedly breaking down in the near future, and it can offer your family new technology and capabilities to maximize their comfort and safety.
Some of the other benefits can include:
- New features: New units come with the latest bells and whistles, utilizing the latest technology.
- Higher energy efficiency: New systems consume up to 30 percent less fuel than older systems.
- Less noise: New models tend to make less noise than older units.
- Consistent heating: New systems should function properly, allowing your home to heat to the desired temperature, and retain the same comfort level throughout the house.