Summer heat and humidity can make your home uncomfortable — especially if your air conditioning unit is not working properly. When your system malfunctions, call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for on-time services in Shorewood, IL. A family-owned company, we’ve been serving our customers for three generations.
We offer complete air conditioning services in your area:
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Installation
- AC Filter Replacement
- Air Cleaning & Filtration
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
We’ve been serving our neighbors for three generations. Find out why our customers continue to use us for heating and cooling services in our testimonials.
Common Air Conditioning Problems
It’s usually never a good time for your air conditioning unit to malfunction, but it’s even more inconvenient when it breaks down in the middle of the summer. Some common problems that can have you calling a service company for repairs can include:
- The unit isn’t producing cold air.
- You can’t control the temperature in your home.
- Your home has hot and cold spots, indicating that the unit isn’t cooling your home evenly.
- Air isn’t flowing through the vents properly, causing your unit to work harder to cool your home. This can take a toll on your system, and also cause your utility bills to rise.
- You notice moisture leaking from the air conditioner. While this can be due to a blocked drain tube, it can also be a refrigerant leak. Because of this, it’s important to have a contractor inspect the issue.
Benefits of Installing a New AC System
When you install a new air conditioner you may feel the immediate relief of not having to worry about the system breaking down in the near future. While that alone can be a huge benefit, there are also other advantages, including:
- A more energy-efficient unit, resulting in lower utility bills and improved cooling in your home.
- Better indoor climate control, allowing you to designate what temperature you want your house to be at.
- Improved air quality as the newer unit’s filtration system can remove debris and other particles from the air.
- New features and capabilities that allow you to take advantage of new technology.
When your cooling system malfunctions, worry about getting it fixed, not about paying the bill. Contact us about our financing options.
What Parts of the AC Unit Are Inspected During a Tune-Up
To keep your air conditioner working properly, it’s important to schedule regular maintenance appointments with a service contractor. During these visits you can expect the contractor to perform the following tasks during a tune-up:
- Check the unit’s refrigerant levels to make sure it has the correct amount. He or she will also inspect the unit for any leaks.
- Examine the air ducts for any debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to make sure the right amount of air is flowing through it and ensure it’s functioning properly.
- Check the electrical terminals. If needed, the contractor will apply a non-conductive coating.
- Examine all components to make sure they are working properly.
- Apply oil to the motor, if needed.
- Check the belts to make sure they are working and aren’t worn out.
- Inspect the thermostat to make sure it’s properly controlling the temperature of your home.