Poor indoor air quality is in the top five environmental health threats in the United States. Indoor air can be 100 times worse than outdoor air and is typically 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air. Worse, most homeowners have no idea that their homes air could be highly polluted and causing health problems. With 90% of our time spent indoors, indoor air quality matters to our health.
Air Quality and Health
Issues caused by poor indoor air quality include:
- Trouble Concentrating
- Dry Eyes
- Eyes/Nose/Throat/Lung Irritation
- Respiratory Infections/Disease
Air Quality and Death
- Respiratory diseases are the fourth cause of death in the U.S.
- 6% of deaths in the U.S. are attributed to lower respiratory diseases.
- Over 150,000 people die each year from chronic lower respiratory diseases.
Air Quality and Your Money
- The annual cost for allergies in the U.S. is more than $18 billion.
- Asthma is one of the most common and costly diseases in the U.S
Air Quality and Issues
There are several factors that contribute to poor indoor air quality in your home, including:
- Poor Ventilation
- Mold and Pollen
- Household Products/Chemicals
- Pet Hair and Dander
Air Quality and Solutions
Air Cleaners – Devices that remove contaminants from the air and “clean the air” to improve indoor air quality.
Air Purifiers – Devices that sanitize the ai by emitting negative ions, ozone, heat, or UV/UVC lamps.
Humidifiers/Dehumidifiers – Devices that either add moisture to the air or remove excess moisture to from the air. Too much or too little moisture can cause mold/mildew issues or dry air that can irritate the respiratory system.
Air Quality and Your Home in Plainfield
If you are concerned about the quality the air in your home and you live in the Plainfield, New Lenox or the surrounding areas give the professionals at TR Miller Heating and Cooling a call to discuss options that will work best for your home, your family, and your budget.