When you have to deal with frigid temperatures outdoors all winter, you don’t want to cope with chilly temps in your house, too. For your family’s health and safety, it’s important to repair a malfunctioning heating system as soon as possible. Get heating and furnace repairs when you call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. A family-owned company, we proudly serve our Downers Grove, IL neighbors.
We offer the following heating services – and more – to the Downers Grove, IL area:
We’ve proudly served our customers for three generations! Find out why our clients prefer us over other heating and cooling companies in our testimonials.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
To avoid having your furnace completely malfunction, it’s important to call a service company at the first signs of a problem.
Some symptoms that can indicate you need repair include:
- Your unit is short cycling, meaning it runs for less than three minutes before it shuts off. A professional should inspect the unit to determine if it’s due to a malfunctioning heat exchanger or thermostat.
- You notice irregular flames coming from the burners. This should be examined by a contractor as soon as possible as it can be caused by dirty burners, or something more serious, like a cracked heat exchanger, which can cause a carbon monoxide leak.
- You hear loud and unusual sounds coming from the unit.
- You or anyone in your household starts to feel ill with flu-like symptoms. This can be caused by a carbon monoxide leak, which can be very dangerous – even deadly. A cracked heat exchanger can lead to a leak. If you suspect you have a cracked heat exchanger, or a carbon monoxide leak, evacuate your home immediately and call for help.
Common Furnace Problems
When you call a contractor to repair your furnace, there are certain problems professionals are used to seeing during their inspections.
Some of the more common problems can include:
- Poorly maintained unit: Failing to schedule regular annual maintenance and tune-ups on your unit can cause issues with your system.
- Dirty filters: Forgetting to change filters regularly can lead to an accumulation of dust, dirt and other debris that can cause poor air quality and even potentially cause your unit to malfunction.
- As a unit nears the end of its lifespan: It can show signs of wear and tear and require more frequent repairs.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If the temperature in your home doesn’t match the temp set on the thermostat a professional will need to inspect it to determine the issue.
- Poor airflow: Disrupted airflow can be dangerous, as it can cause the unit to overheat.
- Carbon monoxide leak: One of the most serious issues with a furnace can be a carbon monoxide leak. This can put your family’s health and safety at risk. If you suspect you have a leak, or if you notice symptoms that can include excessive condensation on windows or a pilot light that turns from blue to yellow, evacuate the property and call a professional immediately.
A third-generation, family-owned company, we offer heating and cooling repair solutions. Contact us to schedule your next service with us!
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Installing a new heating system in your house can be a welcomed event. After years of hoping your existing unit just makes it through the season, the new system can give you peace-of-mind that you won’t need to schedule repairs in the near future.
Some of the other advantages can include:
- It’s more energy-efficient than other models, which can result in lower utility bills.
- Your home will feel more comfortable as the unit can properly and evenly heat your home.
- It will provide better indoor air quality as the new system can remove particles and other debris from the air.