Being stuck without a heating system in the winter months – even for just a few hours – can make your home uncomfortable and put your family’s health at risk. When your system malfunctions, call TR Miller Heating, Cooling & Plumbing for reliable repairs in Joliet, IL. As a third-generation, family-owned company, we understand the importance of keeping your family safe during the harsh Illinois winters.
We offer the following heating services to the Joliet, IL area:
- Heating Repairs
- Furnace Repairs
- Heater Installations
- Furnace Installations
- Radiant Heating Services
- Boiler Services
We value our customers! Find out why they trust us to repair their heating and cooling systems in our testimonials.
How to Know When Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
When cold weather hits, it’s important to have a functioning heating system. If it starts to malfunction, it’s crucial to call a service company at the first signs of a problem.
Some symptoms that can signal your unit needs to be repaired can include:
- Your home isn’t heating to the right temperature.
- Heat isn’t being evenly distributed throughout your house.
- You hear unusual noises coming from your unit.
- Your monthly utility bills start to increase.
- Your thermostat isn’t properly controlling your indoor climate.
- Your ductwork is leaking.
Common Problems You Might Encounter With Your Heater
Heating systems rarely break down at convenient times. Fortunately, when they do it can be due to problems contractors are used to seeing.
Some of these can include:
- Uneven heating throughout your home. These inconsistencies can indicate that your system is failing and should be inspected by a professional.
- The system shuts down frequently without being turned off or without reaching the desired temperature. A contractor should inspect the unit to determine if the cause is due to faulty wiring, a failing pilot light or an issue with the thermostat.
- Your home takes too long to heat. If your house isn’t reaching its desired temperature, and even turning up the thermostat doesn’t improve it, a professional should determine if it’s caused by leaky air ducts, a damaged fan motor or a problem with the belts and bearings.
When your heating system malfunctions, your first priority should be getting it fixed, not worrying about how to pay for the repairs. Ask us about our financing options.
Why It’s Important to Keep Your Furnace Maintained
It’s recommended that you have your furnace serviced by a professional at least once a year. These tune-ups — which should be performed in either the late spring or early fall — can help keep your system running properly when you need it most during chilly winter days.
Scheduling regular routine maintenance appointments can keep your home and your family safe by letting contractors identify and repair issues that can cause serious problems later. It can also make sure your home is comfortable by allowing professionals to examine the unit and make adjustments as needed. Regular tune-ups will also ensure the system has the proper fluids, potentially extending its lifespan.