When the heat and humidity tick up and it becomes unbearable outside all we want to do is turn down that thermostat temperature and chill out on the couch with a cool beverage.
However, life doesn’t stop in the summer and we all have things to do. Additionally, cranking the AC uses a lot of energy and can make those electric bills scary, not to mention wearing down your system faster.
There are several things you can do to keep cool and keep the AC running while keeping those bills low.
Give Yourself a Break
- Avoid strenuous outdoor work when it’s really hot.
- Take plenty of breaks in the shade if you do have to work in the heat.
- Drink plenty of water, avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Wear light colored clothing.
Give Your AC a Break
- At night, turn up the AC or turn it off and open the windows (f possible.)
- During the day, close the shades and blinds to keep the sun from heating up the house.
- Don’t use appliances that generate heat (i.e. oven, dryer, etc.) during the day.
- Turn up the AC and go see a movie, use the AC in the theater (or go to the library or mall!)
- Go to the pool to cool off.
- Use fans to help move the cool air around your home.
Watch Your Temp
Every degree above 78° that you set our thermostat will save you money. The higher you keep the temp when you are not home will save you money. In fact, it could save you around 8% a year, which can be significant!
- Schedule AC maintenance yearly.
- Change the filter once a month.
- Call a technician if you notice any issues with your system.
Keep cool this summer, but if you have any issues with your system we are here to help. We have emergency services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don’t get overheated, call us for a quick repair.
If you have not had an annual AC service visit, schedule one now, it’s not too late. We also offer a special deal when you schedule your AC service with your furnace service.
Finally, we have a lot of super savings, new customers get 10% off and current customers can find a special that fits their needs too.
Let us know how we can help, we are here when you need us.